Re: namedroppers mismanagement, continued

> Anyways, if the admin really considers it impolite (I don't), then
> maybe that admin should send the user an opt-in (or opt-out) notice
> before (or after) adding the user to the pre-approved list of
> posters.  (Note: for the subscribers list, the policy should be opt-in).
> This is easily automated (most list management software supports
> such).

The folks that are willing to go through piles of spam to find the non-spam
emails from non-subscribers do us a tremedous service, since it allows
cross-postings across WGs (which is important to help with coordination of
the IETF work IMHO), without subjecting the rest of us to spam.

Requiring those folks to take the initiative to add folks to the mailing
list has the issues others have pointed out (about guessing the intent)
and is also putting the burden on folks I think we should reward for
filtering spam. If folks need to post all the time from a different
address than their subscription address *they* should take the step to
get that posting address added to the approved posters list.

  Erik