Re: taking MARTA from airport to IETF55 hotel

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 23:49, Michael Richardson wrote:
> I arrived today and made some minor notes that might be of use to others.
> (I've been to Atlanta many times for N+I, but always wind up having to
> stay up in Buckhead, so taking the MARTA has become routine on visits to
> Atlanta).
>
> In my moderate experience, Atlanta has the third best train link to the
> airport. First is Zurich. Then Washington National, then Atlanta. I've
> yet to do other than change planes in Amsterdam, and the EWR->NJ-Transit
> link was not finished last I was there, so my rankings may change.

Just a word of warning:

While MARTA may be great for getting from the airport to the hotel,
that's about all its good for. Don't get here and expect something like
DC or Boston. We're a car town and we like it that way. ;-) MARTA has
only two real routes: North/South and East/West. And the busses are just
there to annoy the rest of the people on the road. So be warned....

Plus, I-75/I-85 (or the Connector as its called) should be low traffic
on the weekend unless someone's jack-knifed a 18-wheeler...

-MM

--
Michael Mealling <michael@neonym.net>
HHI, Inc.