Re: Introducing the ID tracker

In message <197230670977.20021106153345@tribalwise.com>, Dave Crocker writes:

>Mark> Or, just define a generic mechanism where arbitrary folk can sign up
>Mark> to "watch" a particular document.
>
>Robert's excellent suggestion is simpler for the folks running the service
>and it is entirely compatible with existing practise. (When a working group
>document is issued, the working group is copied on the notice.)

My concern here is the noise factor.  I sometimes make several updates
a day to a single document, often because I did something like adding
comments without changing the substate -- I then have to go back and
update the record again.  I suspect a coarse-grained notification --
say, once per day -- will solve that problem.  I have no problem with
the concept of automatic notification.

		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)