From: owner-ietf@ietf.org [mailto:owner-ietf@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Dave
Crocker
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 12:25 PM
To: Robert Elz
Cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: TCP/IP Terms

At 11:38 PM 10/7/2002 +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
>Attempting to give these things absolute numbers, other than for ease
>of reference in some particular context is lunacy.

Not that I disagree with your primary point, it is worth noting that
there
is some basis for hovering about 7, for an *overall* model.

It's that memory limit thing (7, plus or minus 2.)  The plus or minus is

statistical, so if you want to make sure that people really have no
trouble
grokking the total set, 5 is a better choice.

d/

Dave Crocker <mailto:dave@tribalwise.com>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850