Re: MBone

Yo Joe!

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Joe Touch wrote:

> PS - as I also raised on private email earlier, some ISPs definitely
> hardcode which MAC can attach to a port (i.e., they lock on the first
> one that gets there, and prevent subsequent ones until there's an
> override).
>
> Specific case: Santa Barbara, Cox ISP.

I will bet $20 that COX does it on the Cable modem and not the
switch.

"uncapping" cable modems to get around the MAC limit is getting
pretty common these days.  See:
	http://www.cablemodemhack.com/

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Blvd, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676