Re: broadcast packets

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:33:52 +0200, "supermac2@inwind.it" <supermac2@inwind.it>  said:
>

>>     I'm Marco from Italy and I'm working on a security LAN project.
>>I have to analyze all the hosts on my ethernet relying on their
>>broadcast packets.
>>

>You might want to ask yourself exactly what you're trying to accomplish by
>trying to fingerprint systems based only on broadcast packets?

Maybe he meant "broadcast" at the physical layer? I.e., he's on a hub,
and he's sniffing the traffic.  Marco, is that what you intend?

|John Stracke      |jstracke@centivinc.com                      |
|Principal Engineer|http://www.centivinc.com                    |
|Centiv            |My opinions are my own.                     |
|Ea est fabula nostra, et non mutabimus eam! --House Falconguard|
|and Affiliated Scum                                            |