Re: Spam

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:51:18 EDT, Bill Cunningham <billcu@citynet.net>  said:
> I still think a protocol implementation may be the answer. Maybe in smtp. If
> someone chooses for no spam maybe a single bit in the packet could render
> mail servers to not add the e-mail address to a spam list.

Yeah.  It could.  That's assuming that spammers were running servers that would
check that bit.

This is a non-starter for the same reasons an "adult" bit for IPv6 addresses is
a non-starter (hint - what if I don't want pr0n or investments in fraudulent
fund transfers in Nigeria, or personal field engineering changes on my anatomy,
but I don't mind mail about new software for my operating system?)

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer