Re: IETF announce list and spam filtering

> The recent discussion about SPAM and it being a problem reminds of
> something that I've been meaning to mention.  Currently, mail sent to
> the IETF announce mailing list has the following To: header:
>
> To: ;@IETF-Announce

actually, it's:

To:      IETF-Announce:;

which is perfectly valid.
maybe your site has mailer bug which is munging the address?

> This is worth 1.1 points of "Spam nature" (sort of like Buddha nature,
> only completely different :-), according to SpamAssassin:

this is only one example of a large number of problems with SpamAssassin.

please explain why IETF should follow the dictates of SpamAssissin rather
than its own mail specifications ?

Keith