RE: Why spam is a problem.

To add to it...

I think all Mail server creator should make this pledge:

"Our mail server will not relay mail out of the box and the user has to go through a wizard/configuration procedure to open the door to legitimate users"

Can sendmail, postfix, Microsoft, Mdaemon and other people make this pledge?

It won't mater today but in 2-3 years time it will oblige spam from coming from spammer directly 99% of the cases...

Cheers.
Franck@sopac.org