Re: Why spam is a problem.

Karl Auerbach <karl@cavebear.com> writes:

> The core aspect of the idea is to make my TCP stack as near-dead as
> possible, without actually being dead, to incoming spam.  That will
> cause spam transfers to take orders of magnitude more time than they do
> today.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  The spam software is either
multithreaded or is using open relays and/or open proxies (which are a
much larger problem than open relays in many respects) and therefore don't
even notice.

Furthermore, they can completely ignore the effects of such a system with
the simple expedient of a timeout in their software.  They're not that
stupid.