Re: Last Call: SMTP Service Extension for Content Negotiation to Proposed Standard

More comments about the document.

The draft doesn't explain what to do if the same fax messages was sent to
multiple recipients with different rendering capabilities.
Should it downgrade for the least capable recipient? Or should it use RSET and
start multiple mail transactions to differently capable recipients? Correct me
if I am wrong, but it seams that extending VRFY command is more appropriate for
the purpose than using RCPT.

Regards,
Alexey Melnikov
R & D, ACI Worldwide/MessagingDirect
Richmond, Surrey, UK
Phone: +44 20 8332 4508
Home Page: http://orthanc.ab.ca/mel

I speak for myself only, not for my employer.