Re: sigHTTP comments?

>And at least I think you are too pessimistic by the small number of
>interested people. I have the impression here in germany are still lots
>of people concerned and frightend everytime some tv magazin reports
>online banking bugs here and security frauds there. If everyone is
>complaining how about solving it in a simple way?

But this doesn't solve the actual problem--nearly all cracks of online
banks, stores, etc., are *not* done by intercepting HTTP traffic.
They're usually done by exploiting security bugs in the server
software and stealing information out of the databases.  sigHTTP would
do nothing about that; in fact, it might exacerbate the problem, by
diverting resources that could instead be spent on securing the
server.

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
|jstracke@incentivesystems.com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|This sentance has threee errors.                        |