Re: LDAP info

At 08:48 PM 2002-06-13, Frank Ferrante wrote:
> <http://www.umich.edu/~dirsvcs/ldap/doc/rfc/rfc1777.txt>http://www.umich.edu/~dirsvcs/ldap/doc/rfc/rfc1777.txt

Ugh.  Suggest you read "LDAPv2 to Historic Status"
<draft-zeilenga-ldapv2-02.txt>.  This I-D has been
submitted for IESG consideration... been through
IETF Last Call... and, hopefully, will be approved
by the IESG soon.

If you want to use LDAP, use LDAPv3 (RFC 2251-2256,
2829-2830).

I recommend those interested in learning about LDAP
start off by reading "LDAP: Use as Directed" by
Tim Howes (co-creator of LDAP):
  http://www.networkmagazine.com/article/DCM20000502S0039

For more general "user" information, I suggest you go to
your favorite web search engine/catalog and enter "LDAP".