Dead Company Day @ IETF

Most (all?) of us at IETF have had affiliations with companies that are
now defunct, ranging from working for them to simply accepting their
T-shirts at a conference.

In a spirit of fun, I'd like to suggest that on Monday of the Yokohama
IETF you find some piece of attire (hat, shirt, shoes, socks, nightshirt,
temporary tattoo, whatever) with a dead company's logo or slogan on it and
wear it.

As an incentive, I'll round up a couple of judges and at the hotel
bar at the start of the dinner break on Monday we'll give out a few
informal prizes (free beers) to some of the most notable pieces of
attire.  By notable, I mean almost anything ranging from ironic
(e.g., if you come from the company most blamed for @Home's
demise and wear an @Home shirt), obscure (e.g., an expensive golf
shirt from a dead company no one's heard of), to just fun (e.g.,
a paper-mache hat made of worthless stock certificates).

See you in Yokohama!

Craig

E-mail: craig@aland.bbn.com or craig@bbn.com