RE: Advice Email Security

Thats an ethics issue. Cant speak for other sysadmins, but, pretty
much I consider user data on my harddrive private and under no
circumstance allow it out. heck, if need be I will snap www backup
CDR in to mini pieces if the need and situ. gets deep in the doo-doo.

>1) Can we trust the Administrator of the Mail Server ?

Hrm..... 80% of the time i would say YES. but if they no disclose
their security precautions (loaded rifle man at door to MDF:o)) and
policies then i'd bewary and use something like PGP for the secrets.

Then again encrypting/obscuring can mark you for observation.. so
better to not encrypt. hrm, can the county sheriff listen in on
2.4ghz dss yet?

>2) Security Precautions taken by the Internet Service Providers(ISP)

see above paragraph.

>3) Protection from facilities available with Mailing Software.

write a proggy to change the root and sysadmins accts pws like every
week if you are paranoid.. or also if hacking detected.