Re: RFC3271 and independance of "cyberspace"

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Sandy Wills wrote:

> James Seng wrote:
>
> > bad idea for engineers to play lawyers.
>
> "Engineer" means "someone who takes dreams and makes them real".
>
> "Lawyer" means "someone who takes nightmares and makes them real".
>
> I'd rather have an engineer play lawyer, than have a lawyer play
> engineer.

Yes, you are right.

My question was regarding the purpose of that (...legal framework...) in a RFC.

When we see the damage of the additional article in the WIPO (for example
the article 10/11 in the copyright article)...

That generate the DMCA in US and the EUCD in Europe.

So global legal framework are quite dangerous in a RFC.

IMVHO.

adulau