Re: How many standards or protocols...

>IS-IS as deployed on the Internet is an interesting case.  It is clearly
>open and is not proprietary, but as you point out there is no complete
>specification.   I don't think we have a term for this combination :-)

Yes, we do: "proprietary".  It's a jargon term for standards development;
looking in a standard English dictionary won't help.  It just means "not
open".

|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer            |
|jstracke@incentivesystems.com   |Incentive Systems, Inc.       |
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.       |
|Dave Barry for President! He'll Keep Dan Quayle. (OK, it's old)|