Re: what is causing the latency in this mailing list?

On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:09:48 PST, "bryan l." <snmp_4u@yahoo.com>  said:

> yet it took almost a day to actually post it to the
> list.  the email left my system and was accepted by
> ietf.org yet it seems to have sat there in their queue
> for a long long time.

Standard Answer Number 1:  Get a copy of a message that took 20 hours,
*WITH ALL HEADERS INTACT*.  Look at the Received: lines - they should have
timestamps.  Look to see where the time was spent.  Mail to postmaster@that.host
and discuss it.
--
				Valdis Kletnieks