Re: I-D ACTION:draft-etal-ietf-analysis-00.txt

At 01:36 PM 3/28/02 -0800, Marshall Rose wrote:
>however, it may be useful for folks to actually read the draft before
>making comments... thus far, i've only seen two folks with comments who
>claim to have actually read the thing.

I'll echo Matt's comments.  I read it,  I tried to fault the statistics,
and failed.  I did have a small comment on the data formats for gathering
statistics, passed privately to one of the authors.  I'd maybe quibble
about the choice of tools for doing data analysis.  All small beer.

The main message I took away is that there's a lot of potentially useful
IETF management data being collected on Internet-connected computers, but
which is not really available for use because there's no commonly accepted
format for it.  And some common tools for running some aspects of IETF
processes might be handy -- issue tracking, WG deliverable tracking, etc.
capable of both consuming and providing information for tools used by other
parties in the overall process (IESG, IANA, RFC editor, etc.)

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>