Re: I-D ACTION:draft-etal-ietf-analysis-00.txt

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Bob Braden wrote:

>   *> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>   *>
>   *>
>   *> 	Title		: Toward a Quantitative Analysis of IETF Productivity
>   *> 	Author(s)	: M. Rose, D. Crocker
>   *> 	Filename	: draft-etal-ietf-analysis-00.txt
>   *> 	Pages		: 23
>   *> 	Date		: 27-Mar-02
>   *>
>   *> This memo presents an initial quantitative analysis of the IETF's
>   *> working groups using RFC publication as the primary metric.
>
> Right.  And presumably one would measure the effectiveness of the
> health care industry by counting the number of prescriptions that
> doctors have written.

from that draft:

   If these sorts of measures are useful, the question is what
   additional measurements and analyses should be pursued?

number of authors listed on each WG item output and trends in same
[1, 2].

Obviously.

L.

[1] J. Touch, private communication.