Re: Netmeeting - NAT issue

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 08:23:15AM -0800, Tony Hain wrote:

> My question was directed at Noel's assertion that security requires a
> site border router as the implementation. Just because that may be
> cheaper than fixing all the current hosts, wouldn't we be better off in
> the long run if all future hosts protected themselves?

Tony-

I think one can make the case that having border protection may
prevent a DOS attack from consuming interior network resources and
allowing interior hosts to communicate amongst themselves.  We've
recently had some fierce DOS attacks on our ISP but I'm still able to
run NFS without a problem. This is a good thing.

---aaron