Re: Dynamic DNS - The dark side

Keith,

Operationally, the DNS shouldn't be hard.  Common implementations
(unaugmented BIND, in particular) make it so.  If you don't think so, look
at the results of the Men&Mice Domain Health survey
(http://www.menandmice.com/6000/6000_domain_health.html)

Implementation wise, the DNS _is_ hard, at least if you try to implement all
the stuff the IETF has added to the 1034/1035 spec within the last 7 years
or so.  If you don't think so, try and implement a full resolver.

As to whether DNS is a solution to mobility, I believe it can be part of a
solution.  It certainly can't be the whole solution.

Rgds,
-drc