DCCP buffer space shared with TCP?

Hi folks,

Might be a dumb question, but I would appreciate if someone could answer:
1) If I use DCCP protocol on Linux for one connection and TCP for another and both connections send data concurrently, would they compete for any (shared) buffer space in the OS, or they are completely independent of each other? 2) If the buffers are independent, is there a good way to ensure fairness, such that it doesn't happen that DCCP connection never gets its turn because TCP connection is sending all the time?

Thanks,
Leo