Re: Reviewing draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap

Hi,

Here is my review. I'm afraid I can't contribute much regarding Section 5 because I don't know enough about this stuff (but reading this was educational, it made me follow some references and print them :-) next time I'm equipped!). Anyway, it's good to see that this has already been commented on.

I generally found the document well written, and I only found some nits, below - definitely no show-stoppers:

- sec 3.4 par 1: s/implementations/implementation
and: this paragraph sounds as if it's talking about a tunnel endpoint (because of the use of "transfer"), which the document otherwise is not.

Also about sec 3.4: it would be good to give an example. When I read this, my first thought was "huh? Aren't *network layer* options meant for the *network layer* ?" On second thought, Quick-Start came to my mind (I suspect that was also on your mind) - so, as a service to the reader, it would help to just mention e.g. Quick-Start as an example.

sec 3.8: "NAT/NAPT topologies" => did you really mean to use "topologies" here? (I guess you meant technologies)

sec 3.9 par 2 sentence 1: s/apply/applies   (I think?!)

sec 5 very end: missing "."

sec 5.1 par 2 sentence 2 should be: "Following [RFC5762], this document..."

sec 5.2 par 2: the comma after "media level attribute" seems strange to me.

sec 6 par 3: I found the phrase "tunnel encapsulation" confusing, when the document starts out, in section 3 par 1, by stating that "this is not a tunneling approach". Maybe best to just remove the word "tunnel" here (in sec 6).

par 5 sentence 1 should be: "A firewall _that_ interprets this specification could inspect the _encasulated_ DCCP..."

sec 7.1 par 1 sent 2: double use of "section" here

References ICE-TCP and ICMP: I guess it would be good to provide the draft names.

Author addresses: empy URI / http at the very end of Colin should be removed
(picky, ain't I  :-)  )

Cheers,
Michael