Re: revised sender RTT estimate draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-rtt-option-00.txt

Thanks for offering to read this, it would be much appreciated, we need comments from the group.

I understand what you say about the "Forward Compatibility" design goal. My view reading this again, is that it would be OK for to say the sender MAY send RTT Estimate options on any of its packets irrespective of the feature negotiation (I think nothing breaks when sending these).

If this were to be changed, would you expect a receiver that has not negotiated use to use these or ignore these? It can't rely on them being present, so it may still be true that it "SHOULD try to estimate the RTT in some other way (not specified by this document)".

Gorry