Review in WGLC for draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-02.txt.

I have read the latest version of this specification during the WGLC and
believe this is an important topic to publish a document.

The current draft appears to have addressed issues I think were
important and would seem nearly ready for publication, however I do have some queries, as listed below.

Best wishes,

Gorry

---
Section 3.3
- I think some sections miss context on why the decision was made, e.g. in 3.3, please do say briefly why the WG chose to do this.
---
Section 3.3.1:
- Have you thought about whether this section should also reaffirm that
the checksum value in the encapsulated DCCP header is always zero?
- replace /Chesksums/ with /Checksums/
---
Section 6:
/The option is a binary one however; either allow all DCCP
   applications or allow none./
- This seems a little harsh. The options based on the UDP-header are as
stated. A firewall than interprets this specification could in principle
look inside the UDP encaps and filter based on DCCP information.

It doesn't sound that implausible given the sophistication of many
current firewalls, however it would be extra complexity that would need
to be justified. In my opinion, we should encourage this, so that
firewalls can open pin-holes for DCCP in the same way as they do for
other transports.

---
- I see the value of the IANA-specified destination port for a client server app using a NAPT, where the NAPT changes only the src port as it leaves the client, and does this differently for each sender address behind the NAPT. What is the expected port usage at the receiver? Does it listen on the IANA port bound to any source port? Can you say more here?

---