Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-01.txt

Hi,

Because this is the only open DCCP document (and possibly the last DCCP document for the time being), I think it would be good to try to wrap it up pretty soon. Therefore, regarding the discussed issues I'd propose the following for consideration:

* Examples: I think it is a good idea to have a couple of sentences that tell to try DCCP-STD first and then move to DCCP-UDP if the connection establishment does not seem to work. I'm not sure if any more detailed examples are worth it to be included at this point, even though I see that they might be educating.

* Signaling the use of DCCP-UDP: if it is possible to define something straightforward about SDP without too much additional effort, then good. Alternatively, if the SDP part needs more thinking, it could be separated into a different document, that could be taken up for discussion for example in MMUSIC. Then this document would define just the UDP encapsulation and nothing else.

Thoughts? If the above is agreeable, then after making the few proposed modifications, I think it would be realistic to plan for a WGLC on the next version of the draft.

- Pasi