From: Michael Welzl [michawe@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 April 2010 10:42
To: Lars Eggert
Cc: Wood L Dr (Electronic Eng); bidulock@xxxxxxxxxxx; dccp@xxxxxxxx; tsv-area@xxxxxxxx; tsvwg@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: UDP encaps for SCTP and SCCP

Hi,

Okay, I herewith speak up: yes I want to see UDP encapsulation for
both these protocols
(but right now I'm not sure which one).

Both SCTP and DCCP are useful - if there was no consensus on that,
ever, these
groups would never have been formed, and the protocols would never have
been developed.

Now, they are not used much (on the Internet involving NATs); at least
DCCP isn't. That's a problem. UDP encapsulation is a way to try to
solve this problem - and saying that we shouldn't do this because the
protocols aren't used is a bit stupid, isn't it?

To repeat this more clearly and bluntly:

tool X isn't working well => noone uses it.
So let's not fix tool X because noone uses it anyway.
Hmmm...

Cheers,
Michael