Fwd: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-00.txt

Hi,

Thanks, Tom, for submitting the the draft. Everyone, please take a look at this version and send comments.

Checksum calculation was discussed on the list last November to quite some extent. What do people think, is the current version (i.e., applying UDP length for partial checksum calculation logic, always include UDP/DCCP header) acceptable?

In addition, to perform some primitive issue tracking, I think the following points were raised earlier on the mailing list, but according to my reading are not addressed yet:

* make a note this mode is not valid for IPv6
  -- Gorry / 2009-11-20
  (PS: I'm not sure if "this mode" referred to checksums, or the draft
  overall, and not sure I understand what "not valid" means. Hopefully
  UDP encapsulation is not necessary with IPv6, but technically it
  could be done, right?)

* worth considering a straight UDP encapsulation that does not adjust
  the position and order of the fields.
  -- Gorry / 2009-11-20

* essential that any encapsulation draft also notes the drawbacks of
  this mode, and hence advocates native transport were possible
  (e.g. No currently defined support for ECN, No currently defined
  support for shared PMTUD, Restricted support for partial coverage)
  -- Gorry / 2009-11-20

(please shout if there was something in the past discussion I missed)

Tom (& others), do you have opinions about the points above?

- Pasi

Begin forwarded message: