draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-00

Hi All,

I've submitted draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-00 to the I-D editor.  While
we're waiting for it to arrive in the archive, it can be viewed at
http://www.phelan-4.com/dccp/draft-ietf-dccp-udpencap-00.txt.  You can
see a diff with the previous (individual) version at
http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://www.phelan-4.com/dccp/draft-i
etf-dccp-udpencap-00.txt&url2=http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-phelan-dccp-n
atencap-03.txt.

This version incorporates changes that were discussed on the mailing
list in December or so last year.  Important changes are:

 o  Partial checksum -- this was completely modified to use a UDP-Lite
type operation.  For DCCP-NAT, the UDP Length field is redefined to mean
the extent of the packet that is covered by the UDP checksum.  This,
while still a kludge, is cleaner than the previous mechanism, and
provides protection for the UDP header that the previous mechanism
didn't.

 o  SDP simplification -- I mostly followed Colin's suggestions for
simplifying the SDP, but not completely.  Colin, please check this out.

 o  ECN -- there is a new section on ECN support in reaction to Gorry's
comments in this area.  Gorry, please check this out.

 o  PMTUD -- there is a new section on PMTUD.  Basically it just says do
what RFC4340 says to do.

Tom P.