DCCP User guide

Hi all,

The DCCP User Guide is still an open item. I'd like to get it finished. DCCP has the same kind of challenges that NSIS has, i.e., the technology is great and useful, but it just hasn't received the support it needs, and people are not really aware of where/why/how to use it.

In my view the DCCP User Guide should discuss e.g.

1. What is DCCP, why would you use it?
2. The cons and pros of it (Mark had a good point here earlier this week)
3. How and where would you use it (incl. API issues)? This would include
much of the current content of the draft.
4. How can you enhance/extend it?

Somewhat similar documents can be found from the NSIS WG, e.g.,

- Applicability statement for mobility: how does NSIS work with mobility?
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nsis-applicability-mobility-signaling-13

- Using and extending NSIS: what is NSIS, how can you extend it further?
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nsis-ext-03

I would say that a similar message than what we are trying to do in NSIS
would be of use to DCCP, too. I'd be happy to work on a revised DCCP
user guide and finish that during the autumn if people see that this would be useful.

Cheers,
Jukka
begin:vcard
fn:Jukka Manner
n:Manner;Jukka
org:Helsinki University of Technology;Department of Communications and Networking (Comnet)
adr:(Otakaari 5 A);;P.O.Box 3000;TKK;;02015;Finland
email;internet:jukka.manner@xxxxxx
title:Professor
tel;work:+358-9-4512481
tel;fax:+358-9-4512474