Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-dccp-quickstart-05

Thanks Peter for your careful reading.

We agree to your proposed changes, and include revised text below to address the mangled text. These comments seem relatively minor, so I'd like to address them together with any other IESG comments.

Gorry

McCann Peter-A001034 wrote:
Sorry this is a couple of days late...

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).
you may receive.
Document: draft-ietf-dccp-quickstart-05
Reviewer: Pete McCann
Review Date: 24 June 2009
IETF LC End Date: 22 June 2009
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments:

Section 2.1:
   s/course-grain/coarse-grained/

Section 3.3.1:
In addition, the requested rate MUST be less than or equal to the equivalent of a sending rate of 100 packets per second [RFC4828 CCID 4 [RFC4828] specifies that the allowed sending rate derived from the TCP throughput equation is reduced by a factor that accounts for packet header size.
Something is screwed up in the reference to RFC 4828: are you missing
a close bracket and a period?
---
We propose:

   In addition, the
   requested rate MUST be less than or equal to the equivalent of a
   sending rate of 100 packets per second [RFC4828]. CCID 4 [RFC4828]
   specifies that the allowed sending rate, derived from the TCP
   throughput equation, is reduced by a factor that accounts for packet
   header size.

---
Section 4:
   The document does not modify