Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-07.txt

Thanks for this review, it is much appreciated. All these comments are valid, and I have made the corrections in my copy of the draft. I plan to issue a new revision on conclusion of the Last Call.

Best wishes,

Gorry

Miguel A. Garcia wrote:
I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-07.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <miguel.a.garcia@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Review Date: 2009-04-28
IETF LC End Date: 2009-04-30

Major issues: none

Minor issues: none

Nits/editorial comments: Just a couple of minor nits, in case you need to do a revision of the document.

- In Section 1.1, first sentence, the sentence should probably say "a DCCP server is located inside ***the perimeter controlled by*** a middlebox".

The same comment is also applicable to the second paragraph in Section 1.2.

- In Section 2.2.1, the fourth bullet point under Figure 1 seems to miss something to be readable. The text reads:

"...is not related to the DCCP sequence number for normal DCCP messages Section 3".

perhaps it should be

"...is not related to the DCCP sequence number for normal DCCP messages (see Section 3.1.1 for a description of the use of the DCCP sequence number)".

- The next sub-bullet point under the above. The text reads:
"A DCCP server should set the high and low bits of the Sequence Number field to 0".

Question, shouldn't the "should" be a normative "SHOULD"?

- IANA Considerations section. The text reads.

"The decimal value 10 has been assigned to this types".

First, s/types/type

Second, has this value really been already assigned? Typically IANA allocates this numbers at the late stages of the process, so, I would have expected that the sentence should be a suggestion to IANA rather than a firm statement.

/Miguel