Re: [Fwd: DCCP Start of WGLC for: draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-03.txt [end 16th April 2009]]

Dear Sally and All,

I support this document.

Some NiTs in the document:

The headings from page 10 are not aligned properly.

3.1 Relationship with TFRC and TFRC-SP

   This document is based on CCID 3 [RFC4342], TFRC, and TFRC-SP.  For TFRC,
RFC 3448 [RFC3448] has been obsoleted by RFC 4342 [RFC4342].

--> Change to:
This document is based on CCID 3 [RFC4342], TFRC, and TFRC-SP.  For TFRC,
RFC 3448 [RFC3448] has been obsoleted by RFC 5348 [RFC5348].

3.2.  Example Half-Connection

   This example differs from that for CCID 3 in [RFC4342] only in that the
   allowed transmit rate is determined by [RFC4828] as well as by
   [RFC5348].

--> Consider rephrasing. Change to something like:
   This example differs from that of CCID 3 in [RFC4342] with respect to
   allowed transmit rate which is determined by [RFC4828] as well as by
   [RFC5348].

2.   Each DCCP-Ack packet uses a sequence number, identifies the most recent
packet received from the sender,

    --> Change to:

	Each DCCP-Ack packet uses a sequence number, identifying the most
recent packet received from the sender,

3.   The sender continues sending DCCP-Data packets as controlled by
      the allowed transmit rate.  Upon receiving DCCP-Ack packets, the
      sender updates its allowed transmit rate as specified in [RFC5348]
      (Section 4.3)  and [RFC4828].

   --> Remove extra space between Section 4.3 and [RFC4828].

Section 5:

  Other Congestion Control Mechanisms

   The other congestion control mechanisms such as slow-start, feedback
   packets, and the like are exactly as in CCID 3, and are described in
   the subsection on "Other Congestion Control Mechanisms" of Section 5
   in [RFC4342].

--> Change to:
   The other congestion control mechanisms such as slow-start, feedback
   packets are exactly as in CCID 3, and are described in the subsection on
"Other Congestion Control Mechanisms" of Section 5 in [RFC4342].

Section 6.1: First para.
   For short loss intervals of at most two round-trip times, TFRC-SP
computes the loss interval length as the data length divided by the number
of dropped or marked data packets, (rather than as the data length of the
loss interval).

--> Change to:
   For short loss intervals of at most two round-trip times, TFRC-SP
computes the loss interval length as the data length divided by the number
of dropped or marked data packets (rather than as the data length of the
loss interval).

8.7.  Dropped Packets Option (para 6)

  This conservative assumption leads to the minimum send rate
   for the corresponding loss intervals.

  --> Is this maximum send rate?

Regards
Arjuna