Re: Problems with DCCP CCID3

Dear Vítor Bernardo,

my name is Alessio Botta and I am one of the developers of D-ITG.
I just made a test with Ubuntu Server / 2.6.27-9-server and DCCP
CCID 3. I got no segmentation faults.

Could you please provide us more information regarding your tests ?

In order to reproduce the error we would need to know the
versions of D-ITG and g++, as well as the commands you used to
compile and run D-ITG.

Best regards and Happy Holidays.

AB

Vitor Bernardo ha scritto:
Hi all,

I'm using DCCP in my MsC thesis in order to evaluate the it performance to delivery some kind of application, such as VoIP. At this moment, I'm doing a testbed evaluation of DCCP and I'm having some problems.

To perform these tests I'm using D-ITG traffic generator in a Linux machines running Ubuntu Server / 2.6.27-9-server. As you should know, by default the Linux implementation of DCCP uses CCID2. With CCID2 I have no problems and I can run the tests, but when I configure the machines to use CCID3, I got some segmentation faults. In attach you can found a trace of error.

I don't know it is a configuration problem due to my knowledge about DCCP. To enable DCCP with CCID3, I'm doing the following:

modprobe dccp
modprobe dccp_ccid3
sysctl -w net.dccp.default.seq_window=10000
sysctl -w net.dccp.default.rx_ccid=3
sysctl -w net.dccp.default.tx_ccid=3

Does anyone can help me? Has anyone used the DCCP CCID3 with the D-ITG before?

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Vítor Bernardo

Alessio Botta, PhD Student
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy)
Phone: +390817683821 - Fax: +390817683816
Email: a.botta@xxxxxxxx
       alessio.botta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://wpage.unina.it/a.botta