Re: I-D Action:draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-03.txt

I recently updated draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open to rev-03. This implemented a set of changes that I hope significantly improve readability. These changes did not intend to modify the protocol (but added clarity in some places). The update crossed with some comments from Dan Wing (in the previous email) - this will result in a re-write of the security considerations.

I believe this revision is now much easier to read and is ready for further review (thanks for reviews so far). I'll incorporate Dan's requests and any other comments received over the next week into another rev., and then intend to ask for a WGLC.

Gorry
(as an author, not chair).

Internet-Drafts@xxxxxxxx wrote:
This draft is a work item of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DCCP Simultaneous-Open Technique to Facilitate NAT/Middlebox Traversal
	Author(s)       : G. Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-03.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2008-09-26

This document specifies an update to the Datagram Congestion Control
Protocol (DCCP), a connection-oriented and datagram-based transport
protocol.  The update adds support for the DCCP-Listen packet.  This
assists DCCP applications to communicate through middleboxes (e.g. a
DCCP server behind a firewall, or Network Address Port Translators),
where establishing necessary middlebox state requires peering
endpoints to initiate communication in a near-simultaneous manner.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-simul-open-03.txt

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Internet-Draft.