Re: draft-phelan-dccp-natencap-00.txt

Hi Ian,

It's definitely my intention that DCCP-NAT happens in the end nodes.  It
isn't intended to be some middlebox intercepting a DCCP stream and
converting it.  The end nodes originate the packets with DCCP-NAT
encapsulation.  I'll try to make that more clear in the next revision.

Nice to hear about NAT for DCCP(-RAW) in Linux.  To expand a bit on the
above paragraph, I wouldn't expect DCCP-NAT in Linux to be implemented
below the DCCP layer as I imagine NAT for DCCP is.  In my view, the
encapsulation to use (NAT, RAW, IPv4, IPv6) is chosen by the application
and implemented (mostly) within the DCCP layer.

Tom P.