DCCP adhoc meeting at IETF-70 to investigate use of ports in DCCP

Thursday 1610-1700; Meet outside Capilano.

This email announces a short meeting to focus on the way in which ports
and service codes should be reflected in the DCCP protocol.

The aim is to move forward from the discussion on allocating ports
following the DCCP meeting yesterday, and the tsvarea presentation from
IANA. Our hope is that this will draft some text that can be proposed to
the working group that may be included in the next revision of the draft
on DCCP Service Codes. The notes of this meeting will be sent to the
list, and all are welcome to attend.

If you are interested, please do email the WG Chairs.

best wishes,

Gorry & Tom

---

Rough agenda

1) What is the IANA port line supposed to look like for multiple service
codes being associated with one port? e.g.
avt-profile-1   5004/dccp  RTP media data SC:RTPA SC:RTPV SC:RTPT
# DCCP WG, [RFC 3551, RFC-ietf-dccp-rtp-07.txt]

2) Does the hash algorithm (separate email) have merit for an easy way to discover a Server Port from a freely-assigned Service Code?

3) Possible changes to help re-alignment of the DCCP port registry procedure with other transports.

4) Anything else?

I'd love to get a proposal for these topics, because then we can finish
the work item and have this in WGLC.