Congestion Window Validation and DCCP

I made a comment at the mike at the IETF regarding CWV and
data-limited periods, andSally asked me to send a brief note to the
list.

Briefly, the potential problem is that applications don't get
scheduled with arbitrary granularity (10ms is not atypical), so they
tend to generate data in a way which is not really continuous.  When
the RTT is small, it's pretty easy for CWV to kick in unintentionally
- this is similar to what Colin's student Alvaro found with small
RTTs.   Anyway my point is that before we standardize any CWV
behaviour for DCCP (at least behaviour that the app can't switch off),
we do need to understand  this interaction between app scheduling and
DCCP over low-RTT links.

 - Mark