Comments on CCID-4: draft-floyd-dccp-ccid4-01.txt

While preparing for the IETF meeting, I re-read CCID-4 and have some
comments on the current revision, which I would like the authors to
consider.

Best wishes,

Gorry

Comments:

----
Page 8 first para.
Is it sufficient to assume the header size is 36 bytes, given the large
space that could in future be allocated to DCCP options?
- I think the text should mention options processing.
- There are also options in IPv4 (and IPsec), and the important case of
IPv6 which may need to be mentioned.
- My suggestion is that at least these issues should be highlighted, and
an IPv6 case given explicity.
----
Is the CCID-3 Loss Intervals option defined for other CCIDs beyond 3?
- A quick look at the Registry suggests that some options that are
desirable for CCID-4, were defined only in CCID-3 specific registries.
- Most of the IANA considerations also applies to this new CCID.
- Do you wish to redefine these here also for CCID-4?
----

Editorial work:

---
Abstract:
/This document contains the profile/
- Could this be changed to:
/This document specifies an experimental profile/
---
Abstract:
It's good to say also that this experimental, but I think this appears
more than once at the moment, without actually explaining WHAT
experiment the community needs to do to verify that is safe.
---
Page 7: Point 2.
- First sentence seems hard to parse.
---
Page 8: Point 5.
- I suggest that "[RFC828] MUST be considered as normative"
---