Re: WG Last Call for RTP over DCCP draft

On 2007-5-17, at 20:53, ext Phelan, Tom wrote:
Aren't the default NAT timeouts for UDP and TCP different -- UDP has to
be short because there's no other way to tell that a connection is no
longer needed -- TCP can be longer because what the timeout is doing is
just cleaning up broken connections.

Yep. I was going to make the same comment to Ian (a NAT can't treat DCCP like UDP *and* TCP, because the timeouts are usually very different).

At any rate, DCCP would be more like TCP in this regard than UDP, I'd
expect.

That'd be my expectation as well. As a datapoint, do we know what timer the Linux NAT code uses for DCCP? (And if we know of other NATs that translate DCCP, do we know their timers?)

Lars