RE: WG Last Call for RTP over DCCP draft

Hi Colin,

After a careful reread of dccp-rtp, here are my comments.  Modulo these
pretty nitty comments, I support the draft.

There are a couple of places where you use lower-case "should" where
maybe you mean "SHOULD", or some other word would be clearer:

In section 2.1, "an application should use either a rate adaptive
payload format...".  I think here "could" would be better than "should"
-- I don't think you're trying to restrict how this is handled, just
suggest.

Section 4.2, last paragraph, "an application should use either RTCP
feedback or DCCP acknowledgements, but not both".  Should this be
SHOULD?

Section 4.4, first sentence, "An end system should not assume that it
will observe only a single RTP synchronisation source".  Should this be
SHOULD NOT?  It is when you reiterate this in the last sentence of the
paragraph.

Section 5.2, "The service code should be interpreted as defined in
Section 8.1.2 of" DCCP.  Maybe I'm just confused by being on a "should"
vs. "SHOULD" track here, but maybe "The service code is interpreted as
defined in Section 8.1.2" is better?

Editorial Nits:

Title -- expand RTP.

Section 2: Rationale -- You say "Two approaches...", next paragraph is
"1)", but there's no "2)" (you say "The other approach is" instead).
Either "1)" and "2)", or "The first" and "The other" (or second), I
think.

Tom P.