RFC: TFRC Recalc on non-loss intervals [RFC 3448]

Can someone please offer an expert opinion on the following TFRC problem:

 ==> Section 5.4 talks about calculating the average loss interval

 ==> The issue is the following sentence: " we need to decide whether
     to include the interval since the most recent packet loss event."   (*)

 ==> I am arguing that this is already taken care of by the way I_tot0 and I_tot1
     are compared, i.e. the statement "I_tot = max(I_tot0, I_tot1)" enforces (*)

 ==> True or False?