Re: Correct timeout value for nofeedback timer?

*For links with large RTTs, then having a min RTO may give better
tolerance levels for bursty applications and the application designers
would luv it! :)..
I dont understand how we could have a min RTO of 100 ms for links with
large delays..is this for default or for all cases??

Ok - I think I get the point now of having a 100 ms min RTO..but
something else popped up into my mind...wouldnt this cause unfairness?
Say a very large flow traversing a link say A with very low RTT (say
1ms )will not reduce the rate if a nofeedback is not received for
almost 100 RTTs, whereas a small flow traversing a higher RTT link
which includes link A in its path (>= 25ms) would have to reduce the
rate after 4 RTTs..Is this OK?

Regds
Arjuna

--