Re: Advance copies of meeting slides for the meeting tomorrow

My slides for tomorrow, this time with the correct URLs...

TFRC-SP:
http://www.icir.org/floyd/talks/voip-Nov06.ppt
http://www.icir.org/floyd/talks/voip-Nov06.pdf

CCID4:
http://www.icir.org/floyd/talks/ccid4-Nov06.ppt
http://www.icir.org/floyd/talks/ccid4-Nov06.pdf

RFC3448bis:
http://www.icir.org/floyd/talks/tfrcbis-Nov06.ppt
http://www.icir.org/floyd/talks/tfrcbis-Nov06.pdf

If there was time, I would also like five minutes to ask some questions about CCID 2:

* Would people be interested in an option for CCID2 for a slowly-responding version, decreasing to 7/8-ths instead of 1/2 in the decrease of AIMD, and adjusting the increase appropriately? That is, AIMD, but with different increase and decrease parameters.

* If people were interested, would they be interested in a small-packets variant of CCID2? With at least 10 ms between packets, but using the AIMD parameters that would be used with 1460-byte segments, to get the same throughput in bytes per second as a large-packet TCP that increases its window by 1460-bytes per round-trip time? (The small-packets variant would take header bandwidth into account as is done for TFRC-SP.)

(People seem to equate DCCP with CCID 3 and TFRC, but they aren't the same thing...)

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/