Re: Reminder of WGLC for draft-ietf-DCCP-tfrc-voip-05.txt (to close 24:00 9th October 2006)

On Oct 5, 2006, at 10:07, Gorry Fairhurst wrote:
A reminer that the WGLC is currently on-going - anyone interested in this I-D is welcome to send questions and requests for clarification within the WGLC period.

Sorry for being a bit late, but these are all nits anyway.

Lars

INTRODUCTION, paragraph 10:
>     is designed for applications that send small packets.  The design
>     goal for TFRC-SP is to achieve the same bandwidth in bps as a TCP
>     flow using packets of up to 1500 bytes.  TFRC-SP enforces a Min
>     Interval of 10 ms between data packets, to prevent a single flow
>     from sending small packets arbitrarily frequently.

  Nit: Maybe expand bps and Min Interval.

Section 2., paragraph 9:
>     6.3.1 of RFC 3448 specifies that the TFRC receiver initialize the
>     loss history after the first loss event by calculating the loss

  Nit: s/initialize/initializes/

Section 4.1., paragraph 7:
>     This equation uses an RTO of $4R$, and assumes that the TCP

  Nit: s/$4R$/4*R/

Section 4.1., paragraph 12:
>               Table 1: Response Function for TCP and TFRC.
>         Sending Rate in KBps, as a Function of Packet Drop Rate.

  KBps or Kbps? (also elsewhere in the document)

Section 4.1., paragraph 15:
> The calculations for Tables 1 and 2 use the packet loss rate for an > approximation for the loss event rate p. (The scripts for producing
>     these tables are available at
> "http://www.icir.org/tfrc/voipsims.html";. There is also a pointer > to the document "Graphs for draft-ietf-dccp-tfrc-voip-05", which has
>     graphs for the tables in this document.)

  URL was down when I tried. Also, might want to move this into a
  reference?

Section 4.1., paragraph 15:
>     TFRC-SP flow usinsg the same sending rate in KBps as the TCP flow

  Nit: s/usinsg/using/

Section 5., paragraph 2:
>     sending rate of 64 kbps would be required to terminate or suspend

  Nit: s/kbps/Kbps/

Section 7., paragraph 0:
>     7.  Simulation Results

  Suggest to move this section to an appendix, is tangential to the
  description/discussion of the mechanism itself.

Section 12., paragraph 19:
> [RFC 2434] T. Narten and H. Alvestrand. Guidelines for Writing an
>         IANA Considerations Section in RFCs.  RFC 2434.

  Unused Reference: 'RFC 2434' is defined on line 1704, but not
  referenced

--
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories