Re: Faster Restart: An Issue..

Dear Eddie,
 Thanks for your reply :).

I think you have got it wrong.  FR is used whenever a feedback packet is
received -- the nofeedback timer is not relevant.  I would personally approve
of the use of FR you describe.  And I think the draft totally encourages it.

That sounds good to me :)

In periods of extreme congestion it is possible that a flow's fair share is
less than 8 pkt/RTT.  The initial sending rate is NOT a minimum sending rate.
 HOWEVER, flows should NEVER drop below the initial sending rate EXCEPT in
periods of extreme congestion.  Idle periods, for example, should not cause
the sending rate to drop below 8 p/RTT.  Hopefully the current FR draft
contains sufficient mechanism to enforce this.  If it doesn't let us know!

I guess the current draft allows us to maintain the initial sending
rate. One occurrence or a possibility of the flows dropping below the
low initial sending rate is "say" when the application sends one
packet every 2 RTTs, but the Receive Rate Adjustment algorithm should
solve this issue. So I feel the algorithm holds good. :)

Thanks for your clarifications :).

Arjuna

--
Dr.Arjuna Sathiaseelan