Re: low tx speed in ccid3 after loss

On 8/28/06, Edgar E. Iglesias <edgar.iglesias@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ian,

I beleive you need to recompute the loss rate on every received data packet.
While there is no packet loss, the average loss interval will increase and
p will decrease.

This is because we take into account the interval between the lastest loss
event and the current sequence number if it helps us increase the rate.

RFC 3448:
"When calculating the average loss interval we need to decide whether
    to include the interval since the most recent packet loss event.  We
    only do this if it is sufficiently large to increase the average
    loss interval."

Without this, TFRC will never push the rate up to find newly added bw, unless
it is in slowstart ofcourse.

Thanks for this. I suspected that there would be something like this
but I just didn't see it!

At some stage I might code this up for the Linux implementation but
I'm happy for somebody else to attempt (Burak?) as it's not affecting
me right now.

Ian
--
Ian McDonald