Resolution Re: IETF Website Degradation

All -

I'm pleased to report that the earlier degradation of the IETF websites which we were experiencing has been resolved.

We were able to make contact with Cloudflare.  They provided us with several steps to take to manage the attack.  We followed their suggestions, and have been able to restore fully normal service to the IETF websites, and servers.

We'll be doing follow-up with Cloudflare, through the IETF leadership teams, to determine what changes we might want to make to help prevent this type of thing from happening again.  Indeed, even the steps they provided this time will already help us respond more quickly to similar events in the future.

Thank you all for your patience during this time, and thank you to those of you who got in touch with me privately to offer specific insights as to the handling of this event.  I appreciate all of the support I received from the community, even as we here at AMS work to support you all!

Have a great night/day, and thanks again for your patience with this incident.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)