FTP Service Discontinuance No Longer Under Consideration

All;
Thank you for all of your input.  Informative and thorough.

Based on the feedback it is clear that there is not consensus that
the ftp service should be turned off at this time.

At some point in the future, we would like to greatly scale back the
FTP service.  To make sure that the dependence on the FTP service
does not increase, we recommend that FTP URLs not be used in any new
documents.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Ray